*Just a little warning that this post is super long and has no pictures at all*
The past few months have been very interesting in the Simmonds' home. I have not been feeling well since the end of October and have been to the doctor several times without huge results. Several antibiotics for sinus infections gave little improvements, but helped less and less each time. Finally, we hit a breaking point a few weeks ago. My head always feels like it has tons of air/pressure inside of it, but it was just getting worse and the more I worked, the worse it got. I just thought it was something that I had picked up from my job because of the environment. After my third antibiotic and with the advice of a dear friend, I made an appointment with a specialist to get my sinuses checked out. He was unable to do anything at that appointment because of the swelling in my head, but he gave me a steroid to get rid of the swelling and pressure and then scheduled me for a sinus CT. There was a little improvement in the pain in the back of my head, but I still had to be super careful on where I laid my head on my pillow and the steroid made me super dizzy and tired all the time.
On April 28th Erick took me down for my CT which shown that my sinuses are perfectly healthy. Everything in that area looked great......so that is good news and bad news. We were one step closer to finding out what it was, but still very clueless. He did say that it has something to do with my headaches and to go see a neurologist, but they are very hard to get into so to try a good doctor as a starting place.
So on Friday, by some miracle, I got into a great doctor. He ran a few more tests on my head and asked me a million questions about my symptoms. After almost an hour, he determined that it is in my jaw. He said that I should not have had my wisdom teeth out when I did and that I need to get into a dentist and get some x-rays on my jaw. He also said that my glasses and headset are irritating it so I need to find other alternatives for those.
So now we are just waiting for x-rays and going from there. I have no idea what we are going to do for work, but I am going to go talk to them on Monday to see if they can work with me at all.
What a crazy adventure it has been, but I am so thankful for good doctors who have helped get me some answers.
More School and...Puppy on Loan!
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment